1. Open your site in Frontpage.
2. Go to Tools > Server > Backup Web Site
3. Select "Include websites in archive" in the dialog box that will pop up.
4. Select a location and enter a name for the backup file and click Save. This will save your site as a backup (fwp file). FWP stands for Frontpage Web Package.
Similarly, you can easily restore your backed up site.
1. Go to Tools > Server > Restore Web Site
2. Select the location and file name of your backup file and click OK.
This will restore your site completely but I noticed that your permissions are not restored and you have to restore them manually but that is acceptable. Some times, you have a large site with numerous lists and it is wise to take back up of the site just in case you need it later. Taking backup of a large portal so that you can backup just one site can cost you resources, time and space. This is an easy way to do the job. Another way of taking backups is saving the site as a template and then importing that template in another location. This is a very good way of migrating sites from one server to another. We will discuss that tip next time.